Every year, OSHA publishes the top list of 10 most frequently cited standards so that employers can take steps to find and fix recognized hazards.
For the 12th year in a row, Fall Protection topped the list, followed by Hazard Communication and Respiratory Protection.
The Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for FY 2022 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,260 violations
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 2,424
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,185
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,143
- Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,058
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,977
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,749
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,556
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,401
- Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,370
Far too many preventable injuries and illnesses occur in the workplace. To help evaluate your worksite and prevent violations, download our infographic to learn more about the top 10 violations of 2022.
For more information on what MSA products can help keep you and other workers safe, visit our website.